GOODWILL DONATION DRIVE
Partner with us and earn cash for your group!
THE IDEA IS SIMPLE
- You invite people to donate items to Goodwill in the name of your organization.
- We station a collection team in your area or collection bins on your campus.
- Earn community service hours for your students.
- We pay you cash!
SCHEDULE A DONATION DRIVE
- You can host a one-day event with a Goodwill collection team and truck stationed in your area.
- Or you can host a week-or month-long campaign with Goodwill collection bins placed on your campus.
- Contact Goodwill’s fundraising department with the date, time and location of your organization’s drive.
PROMOTE THE GOODWILL DONATION DRIVE
- Start inviting members of your community to drop off donation items at your location during your drive.
- You may also choose to collect donated items yourself from their homes or businesses.
- We provide special Goodwill Donation Drive collection bags you may distribute.
- By request, we can also supply you with customizable marketing materials in electronic form and a template for a press release to announce your event to local media.
- Post to social media and send emails to anyone on your list.
ENERGIZE YOUR GROUP
Schedule a Goodwill Donation Drive kickoff meeting with your organization. Explain the three ways the Donation Drive will make a difference:
- Raise money for your organization!
- Help people with barriers to employment get work throughout the community!
- Clear out the clutter!
Donation Drive is a chance to team build with each other and connect with the community. It should be FUN!
- Encourage friendly competition for most collected items between departments
- Offer incentives or prizes (days off, prizes, party, dress-down days, etc.)
- Announce the results. Thank the donors with an email, card, certificate or gift.
- Host a party to celebrate the success of the Donation Drive.
- Acknowledge the members of your organization for their participation and achievement.
Remind your members and donors of your mission and Goodwill’s mission:
- To provide training, skills and services to people with barriers